A Job Announcement
Independent Security Advisors, on behalf of our client, is seeking a Facilities and Security Manager in Columbia, SC.
|Job Title:||Director of Facilities and Security|
|Department:||SSG Overhead – Facilities|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Human Resources|
|Direct reports:||Custodians, Custodial Team Lead, Maintenance Assistant, Senior Custodian, Administrative Assistant, Receptionist|
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|The Director of Facilities and Security provides functional, technical, and process leadership in the area of campus and organizational physical security of Seibel’s people and property. The Director ensures all building and property environments are a clean, safe, secure, reliable and productive environment for our team members.|
|· Responsible for daily operations of the Facilities and Security Department· Develop and enforce security procedures and regulations; identifies and recommends surveillance and related security equipment, fixtures, facilities, and systems.
· Coordinate with the Facilities Superintendent to prioritize and assign daily tasks for our facilities team members and vendors.
· Creates and maintains a facilities project calendar and manages the execution of the work accordingly.
· Direct and oversee vendor performance of special projects and scheduled preventative maintenance. Create a scorecard to evaluate vendor performance.
· Assist in the management of expenses and capital spending from the planning stages to analyzing actual costs to plans and forecasts.
· In collaboration with the Vendor Manager, research, analyze and select cost-effective vendors to work on facilities related maintenance and repairs.
· Coordinate with the Facilities Superintendent on moves and reconfiguration requests.
· Oversee maintenance service request activities to assure they are addressed in an efficient, cost-effective, and timely manner.
· In collaboration with the Facilities Superintendent, proactively maintain the building and grounds to ensure best in class facilities. Provide insight and recommendations for
· Develop property audit and establish inspection procedures to ensure compliance.
· Coordinate activities and communications between outside contractors and service vendors with company executives and the building owner.
· Responsible for building and premises improvements, maintenance, and repairs.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for building alarm and access control systems.
· Analyze cost control evaluation, inventory management, and work order trends, and make appropriate recommendations.
· Effectively demonstrate the ability to lead team members to meet Company objectives.
· Create collaborative culture among the team so that all are working to ensure safety and security for all team members as well as a best in class facility.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) is dedicated to providing meaningful and cost effective security training for security guards and protection officers.
We believe that education is a necessary and essential part of professional security training and the security officer’s background. IFPO serves individuals, security companies, and organizations that have their own private security staff. Our students and members benefit from the recognition and standing that the prestigious IFPO certification conveys.
International Foundation for Protection Officers Mission Statement
Mission Statement Part I.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers provides professional learning opportunities for security practitioners, to impart the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to maximize job performance and enhance career potential.
Purpose: to make a positive difference in the quality of the participant’s job performance and elevate the professional status of students who partake of our learning opportunities.
Business: to supply committed security practitioners with a quality education to help achieve their highest potential and provide recognized accreditation for successful completion of educational goals.
Values: commitment, integrity, responsibility, and standards of excellence, provide the platform that supports our journey as we pursue our mission.
Commitment to Excellence: To be the recognized center of excellence and primary provider of education and training products and services to the security industry.
Mission Statement Part II.
“The International Foundation for Protection Officers is committed to the support and professional development of protection officers and supervisors. Through advocacy, promoting training standards, and providing accessible training, education and certification opportunities, we seek to enhance their professional standing as well as increase and diversify the value of the vital services they provide.”