Recertification consists of completing an Application for Recertification, listing professional development, associations, and community involvement. The tabs below explain what is needed to complete your Application for Recertification.
We recommend that you read each step so that you have an understanding of the complete process.
The first tasks are to become familiar with the Recertification Application Form and to assemble completion certificates and other documentation that you will need to show you meet the recertification standards.
- Take a few minutes to review the information that needs to be included with your application.
- Know program credit requirements
- Certified Protection Officers (CPO) – 10 Credits or equivalent
- Certified in Security Supervision and Management (CSSM) – 20 Credits or equivalent
- Certified Protection Officer Instructors (CPOI) – 30 Credits or equivalent
- Fill out the PDF and save it when completed.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the completed recertification form to the email.
Once you have assembled your recertification documents you are ready to compile the information so that you can submit to the International Foundation for Protection Officers
- Fill out and save the Recertification Application Form
- Order your certificates in the same order they are listed on the form; this makes the verification process easier.
- Confirm each page has your complete name on it.
- Sign and date the "Compliance with Accountability Standard" statement
- Review the Re-Certification Checklist.
Remember to keep a personal copy of your recertification application submission.
The recertification fee is $40.00. When multiple certifications are renewed together (i.e. CPO and CPOI), the recertification fee is $40.00 for the first certification and $20.00 for each additional certification.
You may include a check or money order with your application. For added convenience, you may pay online. Just include the order number from your receipt with your application.
Mail your recertification application to the International Foundation for Protection Officers.
Postal & Courier (FedEx, UPS, etc) Address
International Foundation for Protection Officers
1076 6th Avenue, North
Naples, FL 34102
***Please remember to keep a personal copy of your recertification application submission.***