Hazardous materials, used and stored in homes, shipped daily on the nation's highways, railroads, waterways, and pipelines, and estimated to be manufactured or stored in 4.5 million facilities in the United States, are considered dangerous to people and the environment. Hazardous materials may be in the form of explosives, flammable and combustible substances, poisons, and radioactive materials. They may cause death, serious injury, long-lasting health effects, and damage to buildings, homes, and other property. Security officers are considered first responders at the awareness level. These individuals must be trained to respond to incidents involving hazardous materials.
- Introduction to Hazardous Materials
- Placards, Labels, and Packaging
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Control, Confine, and Contain
- Decontamination and Termination