Unique and flexible, Security Supervision and Management (SSMP) Program distance learning course is designed to meet the needs of the security supervisor or manager. Candidates accepted into the program must successfully complete an unsupervised midterm examination and a proctored final examination.
The textbook is "Security Supervision: Theory and Practice of Asset Protection," published by Butterworth-Heinemann. The text is the result of an alliance between IFPO, the publisher, and more than 50 of the industry's leading security supervisors, authors, educators and consultants. It will serve not only as an excellent source of information for the course, but as a valuable reference the practitioner or student. It is also an excellent text for upper level undergraduate and graduate courses in Security Management, Homeland Security and similar disciplines. Chapters include such topics as (partial list):
- Future of private security
- Security personnel selection
- Motivation and evaluation
- Security officer scheduling
- Interpersonal communications
- Staff training and development
- Company policies and procedures
- Managing/supervising to reduce liability
- Testimony in court
- Risk and crisis management
- Statistical analysis
- Legal aspects of security
- Sexual harassment
- Security medical response
- Designing operations centers
- Security technologies
- Workplace violence
- Crime prevention/community relations
- Supervisor's role in training
- Testing for learning retention
Candidates will receive the following:
- Security Supervision and Management 4th Edition Text - Shipped
- Interim Examination – Via email
- Review Security Supervision and Management Training Manual.
- Submit interim written examination; 275 multiple choice questions/true/false
- Examination graded, 70% accuracy required.
- Select Examination Proctor and notify IFPO when ready to proceed with
- Final Examination. Examination will be forwarded directly to Proctor.
- Complete 275 multiple choice questions/true/false Final Examination and forward to IFPO. Examination graded, 70% accuracy required.
- Successful completion – Completion Certificate Awarded.
Should the candidate elect to proceed with the Certified in Security Supervision and Management (CSSM) Program they may do so by enrolling into the CSSM – Written Practical Exercise (ONLY) Program.
Learn more about the course text, "Security Supervision: Theory and Practice of Asset Protection."
View a partial list of businesses and organizations which use the Security Supervision and Management Program
Veteran Appreciation Discount
Active duty servicemembers, and veterans, are eligible for our Veterans Appreciation discount.
Security Supervision and Management Program
Includes 4th Edition textbook, Interim Exam, and Paper Final Exam (SSMP 4th Edition not yet available online)
Shipping and handling charges may apply
For Multiple quantities please contact the IFPO office for pricing & shipping information.
Via email: Adminifpo@earthlink.net
Telephone: (239) 430-0534 M-F 9 am to 5 pm EST
Discount programs cannot be combined.