The International Foundation for Protection Officers wishes to send out a big congratulations to our partners across the pond -- IFPO UK & Ireland -- following the National Association for Healthcare Security 2021 Awards.
Chair's Award - Jayne King
IFPO UK & Ireland Advisory Board member Jayne King, head of security and site services for Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, received the Chair's Award. The award reads, "This award has been given to the nominee, who throughout their security career, has demonstrated exceptional ability and made an extraordinary contribution to security management in healthcare."
In addition, IFPO UK & Ireland corporate partner Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust -- for which IFPO UK & Ireland Advisory Board member Mike Lees is head of business security -- won three awards:
Healthcare Security Officer - Jonas Maphosa
The award reads, "This award has been given to the nominee who has been voted for by their peers; who has demonstrated their professionalism, dedication and awareness of the needs of the Trust/organisation:
- Displays a caring and compassionate approach to all Trust patients and through that approach shows real concern for patients, careers and relative's needs.
- Nominee was pivotal in rollout of the 'What3Words' and 'Where am I' initiative, which has improved the security of the site and patient safety.
Security Innovation - "Find Your WAI" Initiative
The award reads, "This award has been given to the nominee, voted for by their peers, who has demonstrated their ability to adapt a security innovation for Healthcare security purposes.
The nominee identified the potential of using "What3Words" within a bust hospital complex whihc had potential to:
- Direct emergency responders during critical incident response;
- Navigate staff, patients and visitors around the site;
- Innovate by adding flow levels to alleviate the issue of W3W being a two-dimensional concept.
COVID-19 Superstar - Lisa Corbridge, business security specialist
The award reads, "This award has been given to the nominee, voted for by their peers, who has demonstrated the ability to make a significant difference to patients suffering from stress, mental exhaustion and emotional upheaval in respect of a number of treatment therapies but latterly as a result of the corona virus."
A huge and hearty thank-you to all the recipients from the IFPO for your dedicated and continued hard work in healthcare security!