Unique and flexible, the Certified in Security Supervision and Management (CSSM) Program distance learning course is designed to meet the needs of the security supervisor or manager. Candidates accepted into the program must successfully complete an unsupervised midterm examination (*optional) and a proctored final examination in addition to a written practical exercise.
(Submission of the two elements may be completed in any sequence)
The textbook is "Security Supervision: Theory and Practice of Asset Protection," published by Butterworth-Heinemann. The text is the result of an alliance between IFPO, the publisher, and more than 50 of the industry's leading security supervisors, authors, educators and consultants. It will serve not only as an excellent source of information for the course, but as a valuable reference the practitioner or student. It is also an excellent text for upper level undergraduate and graduate courses in Security Management, Homeland Security and similar disciplines. Chapters include such topics as (partial list):
Candidates will receive the following:
- Security Supervision and Management 4th Edition Text - Shipped
- Interim Examination – Via email
- Written Practical Exercises – Via email
- Final examination (Directly to Proctor. )
- Review Security Supervision and Management Training Manual.
- Submit interim written examination; 275 multiple choice questions/true/false Examination graded, 70% accuracy required. (*Optional not mandatory)
- Select Examination Proctor and notify IFPO when ready to proceed with Final Examination. Examination will be forwarded directly to Proctor.
- Complete 275 multiple choice questions/true/false Final Examination and forward to IFPO. Examination graded, 70% accuracy required.
- Complete 7 Written Practical Exercises. (This element can be completed at anytime)
- Successful completion - CSSM Certification Awarded.
- All applicants enrolling into the CSSM Program MUST have 6 months security experience or equivalent.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) is dedicated to providing meaningful and cost effective security training for security guards and protection officers.
We believe that education is a necessary and essential part of professional security training and the security officer’s background. IFPO serves individuals, security companies, and organizations that have their own private security staff. Our students and members benefit from the recognition and standing that the prestigious IFPO certification conveys.
International Foundation for Protection Officers Mission Statement
Mission Statement Part I.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers provides professional learning opportunities for security practitioners, to impart the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to maximize job performance and enhance career potential.
Purpose: to make a positive difference in the quality of the participant’s job performance and elevate the professional status of students who partake of our learning opportunities.
Business: to supply committed security practitioners with a quality education to help achieve their highest potential and provide recognized accreditation for successful completion of educational goals.
Values: commitment, integrity, responsibility, and standards of excellence, provide the platform that supports our journey as we pursue our mission.
Commitment to Excellence: To be the recognized center of excellence and primary provider of education and training products and services to the security industry.
Mission Statement Part II.
“The International Foundation for Protection Officers is committed to the support and professional development of protection officers and supervisors. Through advocacy, promoting training standards, and providing accessible training, education and certification opportunities, we seek to enhance their professional standing as well as increase and diversify the value of the vital services they provide.”