The Security Industry Association (SIA) created this new RISE scholarship to support the professional development goalsof young security professionals just like you. The RISE scholarship program is open to employees of SIA member companies who want to expand their professional knowledge in the areas of human resources, information technology, marketing/sales, project management, security engineering, and risk management.
Through this scholarship program, 10 scholarships worth $3,000 each will be offered. Each scholarship will allow the recipient to complete a professional development course or education program. This scholarship is a win-win -- for both you as the applicant and for your employer. (Not part of RISE yet? Learn more here.)
-- 10 $3,000 Scholarships for Professional Development
-- Open to RISE Members Who Are Employees of SIA Member Companies
-- Entry Deadline: Dec. 8, 2017 at 5 p.m. ET
-- Awards Announced: Dec. 14, 2017
CLICK here to apply!
How the Scholarship Can Be Used
-- Recipients may choose to apply the scholarship to any of the following courses or programs:
-- SIA program offerings (e.g., Security Project Management training seminars, Securing New Ground conference, SIA GovSummit conference).
-- Courses/programs/events related to information technology (IT) or cybersecurity.
-- Professional relevant courses or programs offered by reputable associations, colleges, universities, and private education firms relevant to your role and career in the security industry.
IFPO and Kaplan University make history, form educational partnership
Official Rules and Requirements
A complete application, including all necessary supporting documentation (as described below), must be submitted by 5 p.m. EST, Dec. 8, 2017 (the “Deadline”). All application packets will be submitted electronically, without exception. Applications not submitted by the application deadline will not be considered; there will be no exceptions made to this requirement.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applicants must meet all requirements set forth below to be eligible to be selected as a scholarship recipient
1. Applicants must be RISE program members and employees of a SIA member company. (Not a SIA RISE program member? Start by visiting our RISE information page or email Bryan Miller. Unsure if your employer is a SIA member? Check our member directory or contact email@example.com.)
2. Applicants must have 1-5 years professional experience in the security industry.
3. Applicants must be a full-time employee of a Security Industry Association (SIA) member company; must have worked for the employer a minimum of six months at the time of the Deadline and must be in good standing within the employer organization.
4. Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation, including a Letter of Recommendation and essays, by the Deadline. The completion of the application form does not create an obligation on the part of SIA to award a scholarship to the applicant.
5. Current officers, directors and key employees of SIA, and the immediate families of SIA officers, directors and key employees, are not eligible to receive scholarships under the Program.