Now more than ever, security is an important component of our daily lives, and that definitely includes the workplace. If you are en employer with a need for a professional security force, you want that force to be as prepared as possible for the unexpected, and it starts with education. Whether you have an in-house team or hire a contracted force, insist on those officers being certified by the International Foundation for Security Officers. Attaining an IFPO certification means an individual understands the concepts and practices of the modern-day security officer, as set forth by industry experts.
Here are seven reasons why it makes sense to go with the IFPO:
- Tangible proof of education -- Evidence of academic achievements is a testament to professional status. Not only that, but the proof of education is coming from the IFPO, a respected authority within the security industry.
- Yardstick to measure knowledge -- The yardsticks of knowledge must be equal to the tenure, knowledge, skills and abilities of the officer.
- Lower attrition -- due to positive, meaningful career development. Employee loyalty is significantly enhanced. It also demonstrates caring for one's employees. This helps to project a positive brand. Education is one measure of a professional workplace. Competitive compensation, work environment, and management concern round out the reason for any employee to remain.
- Liability avoidance strategy -- having staff professionally certified security officers demonstrates care and concern for one's security program. A trained officer will reduce the company’s exposure to liability and could possibly reduce insurance premiums.
- Establishes a safer work environment/facility -- It stands to reason if you have highly-qualified and trained security professionals at your workplace, it creates a ripple effect and results in a safer overall work environment.
- Internationally recognized -- The IFPO is recognized as a global leader in security certification, having been established in 1988 and has a cadre of industry authorities shaping its curricula.
- Flexible delivery options. Choose from traditional correspondence, online, classroom or blended learning.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) is dedicated to providing meaningful and cost effective security training for security guards and protection officers.
We believe that education is a necessary and essential part of professional security training and the security officer’s background. IFPO serves individuals, security companies, and organizations that have their own private security staff. Our students and members benefit from the recognition and standing that the prestigious IFPO certification conveys.
International Foundation for Protection Officers Mission Statement
Mission Statement Part I.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers provides professional learning opportunities for security practitioners, to impart the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to maximize job performance and enhance career potential.
Purpose: to make a positive difference in the quality of the participant’s job performance and elevate the professional status of students who partake of our learning opportunities.
Business: to supply committed security practitioners with a quality education to help achieve their highest potential and provide recognized accreditation for successful completion of educational goals.
Values: commitment, integrity, responsibility, and standards of excellence, provide the platform that supports our journey as we pursue our mission.
Commitment to Excellence: To be the recognized center of excellence and primary provider of education and training products and services to the security industry.
Mission Statement Part II.
“The International Foundation for Protection Officers is committed to the support and professional development of protection officers and supervisors. Through advocacy, promoting training standards, and providing accessible training, education and certification opportunities, we seek to enhance their professional standing as well as increase and diversify the value of the vital services they provide.”