Certified Protection Officer Instructor (CPOI)
Certified Protection Officer Instructors are individuals who teach the Certified Protection Officer (CPO)Program or a portion thereof. CPOI's are Certified Protection Officers who have made a significant professional commitment toward advancing themselves as teachers, researchers, mentors and leaders. They are instructors, professors, consultants and supervisors. Certified Protection Officer Instructors teach various topics relating to security and asset protection. They advance the objectives of the IFPO within their respective areas of employment.
Being designated as a Certified Protection Officer Instructor is a noteworthy achievement. It is a significant career milestone.
Candidates for the designation must meet the following qualifications:
- Current designation as a Certified Protection Officer (CPO).
- Membership in the International Foundation for Protection Officers.
- One year full time security experience (part-time requires two years). The experience listed by the candidate must indicate they were completely or primarily responsible for the protection of assets (Security, Crime Prevention or Loss Prevention). Law enforcement or investigative experience in and of itself will not suffice to fulfill this requirement. Candidate should specify job titles and responsibilities. All relevant experience should be listed on the application.
- Post-secondary education at some level must be documented. This can be college courses or other substantial instruction in any subject given by a corporate, military, governmental or educational organization covering forty (40) or more hours. Courses in communications, supervision, leadership, etc. are all examples of post-secondary education.
- Five years teaching experience or equivalent
- Don’t have Teaching Experience? For candidates who do not have previous teaching/instructor experience, IFPO offers a Train-the-Security-Trainer course. This live, virtual instruction will be conducted with Dr. Glen Kitteringham, CPP. This course focuses on the tactics and strategies to successfully train and mentor security personnel to increase the security effectiveness.
To have the training qualifications to become a CPOI, you must be able to effectively teach training concepts and provide an opportunity for your students to practice these skills in a nurturing environment.
Successful CPOI candidates receive the following:
- CPOI Certificate
- Letter of commendation
- CPOI ID Card
- Listing on the IFPO web site as a CPOI
- CPOI Wall Plaque (additional at cost) [Click Here to Purchase]
The $200.00 certification fee is 100% REFUNDABLE if the candidate's application is not approved. All candidates who successfully acquire the designation after January 1, 2002 will be required to re-certify every two years.
Certified Protection Officer Instructor (CPOI) Purchase Options
Select from either CPOI Program Only or CPOI Program With Train-The-Security-Trainer and add the product to your cart below.
(Completion of Certified Protection Officer Program is required to obtain the CPOI designation)
|CPOI Plaque and Accessories|
Shipping and handling charges may apply
Discount programs cannot be combined.
Validation of current military status must be provided upon request. Please contact the IFPO for details at email@example.com.